Prof Abimbola Olowofoyeku wrote:
On 20 Sep 2002 at 6:48, Frank Heckenbach wrote:
[...]
Did you find the place where it changes back slashes to front slashes? I suppose it's the places where something is set to DIR_SEPARATOR in gpc.c. However, config/i386/xm-mingw32.h says:
#define DIR_SEPARATOR '\\' #define DIR_SEPARATOR_2 '/'
I have found the problem. The source for the "Mingw special" edition (gcc-2.95.3-6) contains this in config/i386/xm-mingw32.h:
#ifdef TARGET_W9x /* This kludge must go, once we can get '/' to work on W9x */ #define DIR_SEPARATOR_2 '/' #define DIR_SEPARATOR '\\' #else #define DIR_SEPARATOR '/' #define DIR_SEPARATOR_2 '\\' #endif
So, someone has opted not to support Win9x automatically. Murphy's Law has been proven once again - this is where I should have looked first, but it is where I looked last :(
And I suppose TARGET_W9x was not set when building it. Well, I see. I had supposed something like this, but couldn't find it (obviously, since I don't have the "special edition").
In any case, for those who are interested, I have put a patched version of the gpc driver on the GPC ftp site: http://www.gnu-pascal.de/contrib/chief/win32/gpc_fix1.zip
This file contains only the exectuable, so I don't know what you changed in the source. Did you just set TARGET_W9x (but then the problem remains for those that build it without doing so), or change anything in gpc.c? I could easily make gpc.c put a `\' if either of the DIR_SEPARATOR's is `\'. This will then also include Cygwin where it's not necessary AFAIK, but shouldn't hurt either, I guess. Frank -- Frank Heckenbach, frank@g-n-u.de, http://fjf.gnu.de/, 7977168E GPC To-Do list, latest features, fixed bugs: http://www.gnu-pascal.de/todo.html GPC download signing key: 51FF C1F0 1A77 C6C2 4482 4DDC 117A 9773 7F88 1707