Subject: Bug#75686: gcc: [hurd] gpc doesn't build
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 03:09:37 +0200

Package: gcc
Version: 1:2.95.2-17
Severity: normal

Hi,

gpc doesn't build in this version on the Hurd. The relevant part of the log
is below. So maybe disable it in the next upload, or if gpc changes and
there is hope, I am ready for a new try.

Thanks,
Marcus

../.././xgpc -B../.././ -c -I.  -W -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -g -O2  -DRTS_RELEASE_STRING="'__GPC_RTS_VERSION_`cat /mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/rts_release`__'" -DBSD_RTS=0 `if [ x@with_shared@ = xyes ] ; then echo -fPIC; fi` --unit-path=/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts --automake /mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/heap.pas
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas: In function `Cstringlength':
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas:405: argument to `Inc' must be of ordinal type
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas:405:  (Use `{$x+}' or `--extended-syntax' to enable
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas:405:  pointer arithmetics.)
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas:407: only `=' and `<>' operators are allowed for pointers
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas: In function `Cstringend':
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas:414: argument to `Inc' must be of ordinal type
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas: In function `Cstringlcomp':
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas:447: argument to `Inc' must be of ordinal type
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas:448: argument to `Inc' must be of ordinal type
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas: In function `Cstringlcasecomp':
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas:478: argument to `Inc' must be of ordinal type
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas:479: argument to `Inc' must be of ordinal type
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas: In function `Cstringcopy':
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas:502: subscripted object is not an array or string
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas:502:  (Use `{$x+}' or `--extended-syntax' to treat `CString'
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas:502:  as a string.)
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas: In function `Cstringcopyend':
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas:516: subscripted object is not an array or string
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas:518: only `=' and `<>' operators are allowed for pointers
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas: In function `Cstringlcopy':
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas:530: subscripted object is not an array or string
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas: In function `Cstringcat':
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas:545: warning: function call as a statement - value is ignored
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas: In function `Cstringlcat':
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas:553: only `=' and `<>' operators are allowed for pointers
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas:553: warning: function call as a statement - value is ignored
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas: In function `Cstringcharpos':
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas:562: argument to `Inc' must be of ordinal type
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas: In function `Cstringlastcharpos':
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas:571: argument to `Dec' must be of ordinal type
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas: In function `Cstringpos':
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas:586: argument to `Inc' must be of ordinal type
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas: In function `Cstringlastpos':
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas:599: only `=' and `<>' operators are allowed for pointers
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas:602: argument to `Dec' must be of ordinal type
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas: In function `Cstringcasepos':
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas:618: argument to `Inc' must be of ordinal type
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas: In function `Cstringlastcasepos':
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas:631: only `=' and `<>' operators are allowed for pointers
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas:634: argument to `Dec' must be of ordinal type
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas: In function `Cstringupcase':
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas:647: argument to `Inc' must be of ordinal type
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas: In function `Cstringlocase':
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas:660: argument to `Inc' must be of ordinal type
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas: In function `Newcstring':
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas:674: subscripted object is not an array or string
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas:675: subscripted object is not an array or string
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas: In function `Cstringcopystring':
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas:681: subscripted object is not an array or string
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas:682: subscripted object is not an array or string
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas: In function `Copycstring':
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas:690: warning: please specify {$x+} when using `SetLength'
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas:694: warning: please specify {$x+} when using `SetLength'
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas:695: subscripted object is not an array or string
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas: In function `Setstring':
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas:708: warning: please specify {$x+} when using `SetLength'
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas:710: subscripted object is not an array or string
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas: In function `Stringofchar':
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas:716: warning: please specify {$x+} when using `SetLength'
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas: In function `Streq':
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas:767: subscripted object is not an array or string
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas:767: subscripted object is not an array or string
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas: In function `Strlt':
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas:773: subscripted object is not an array or string
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas:773: subscripted object is not an array or string
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas:774: subscripted object is not an array or string
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas:774: subscripted object is not an array or string
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas: In function `Streqpad':
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas:787: subscripted object is not an array or string
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas:787: subscripted object is not an array or string
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas:790: subscripted object is not an array or string
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas: In function `Strltpad':
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas:814: subscripted object is not an array or string
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas:814: subscripted object is not an array or string
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas:817: subscripted object is not an array or string
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas:819: subscripted object is not an array or string
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/string.pas:820: subscripted object is not an array or string
gpc1: ../.././xgpc exited with status 1
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/error.pas:30: module/unit `string' could not be compiled
gpc1: ../.././xgpc exited with status 1
/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/src-native/gcc/p/rts/heap.pas:30: module/unit `error' could not be compiled
make[5]: *** [heap.o] Error 1
make[5]: Leaving directory `/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/build-native/gcc/p/rts'
make[4]: *** [pascal.rts] Error 2
make[4]: Leaving directory `/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/build-native/gcc'
make[3]: *** [boot_stage_c] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/build-native/gcc'
make[2]: *** [bootstrap-lean] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/mnt/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/build-native'

-- System Information
Debian Release: 2.2
Kernel Version: Linux ulysses 2.4.0-test5 #1 Don Sep 14 00:06:46 CEST 2000 i686 unknown

Versions of the packages gcc depends on:
ii  binutils            2.10.0.9-4          The GNU assembler, linker and binary utilities.
ii  cpp                 2.95.2-15           The GNU C preprocessor.
ii  libc6               2.1.94-3            GNU C Library: Shared libraries and Timezone data