On 3 Mar 2003 at 23:14, Frank Heckenbach wrote: [...]
No, it shouldn't. But it should mean "generate a DLL (Windows) or a .so (Unix), as opposed to a .o".
Uhm, well, that's not exactly what I meant with "should *not*". Whether a static or a shared library is built should not affect the source code.
I think we are on very different wave lengths here. But I won't press the issue.
In fact, under Unix it's common for libraries to build both static and shared versions (and I think the same can be done under Windows), and of course, there should be no change required in the source code (just some different options used etc.).
"library foo;" under BP/Delphi always means a DLL. But I am getting confused now about what we are really talking about ;(
So I was talking more about the syntactical and semantical aspects of `library' in BP/Delphi, not the implementation details (which includes how to link them).
Ok.
So what are they like?
I presume you are talking about the BP/Delphi syntax for "libraries". Here is an example: library foobar; uses bar, baz; function bar1 : integer; stdcall; begin { blah, blah } end; function foo : integer; stdcall; begin { blah, blah } end; exports bar1 index 1 name 'myBar'; {IIRC, "index n" and "name x" are optional} foo index 2 name 'foo'; begin { optional } [...] { optional } end. Best regards, The Chief -------- Prof. Abimbola A. Olowofoyeku (The African Chief) web: http://www.bigfoot.com/~african_chief/