Frank Heckenbach wrote:
All of this is in diff24.new. As the file name says, I suggest to apply this instead of Maurice's diff24, for the reasons given above.
I agree. This is better. I have made corresponding changes for pascal/bgi (diff25) and checked them. Anyway, even for manual editing (which should always be documented for djgpp and mingw minimal configurations), it must be added after "edit makedefs.grx": If you plan to use pascal (gpc), and not use configure, edit the files pascal/grx.pas and pascal/bgi/graph.pas to uncomment the {$L ...} instructions (near the beginning) to load the auxiliary libraries (png jpeg tiff z) you have. For the configure script I have found a problem with djgpp (and presumably also mingw): if you have all libraries, a prefix, a fontpath and a libsubdir, you overcome the 126 chars dos limit for length of command line. With djgpp you can boot bash first (instead of writing sh ./configure ...), but then you have to exit from bash to run make, since it contains instructions (if exist ... del ...) valid only for command.com For mingw I do not even know if the available sh can overcome this limit: this was not so last time I used such a system. The solution is to enable shortcuts e.g., -en- for --enable- and -di- for --disable- Furthermore I see no reason not to keep separate libsubdirs with default names like previously. (this will save an option): compiling both djgpp and mingw in the same tree is probably not so an unlikely issue (and libraries are currently not deleted with clean). Otherwise everything runs fine. Maurice -- Maurice Lombardi Laboratoire de Spectrometrie Physique, Universite Joseph Fourier de Grenoble, BP87 38402 Saint Martin d'Heres Cedex FRANCE Tel: 33 (0)4 76 51 47 51 Fax: 33 (0)4 76 63 54 95 mailto:Maurice.Lombardi@ujf-grenoble.fr --- pascal/imgviewer.pas.orig Mon Dec 17 17:44:04 2001 +++ pascal/imgviewer.pas Mon Dec 17 18:10:02 2001 @@ -40,14 +40,9 @@ procedure OpenGraph (GWidth, GHeight: Integer); var Width, Height: Integer; begin - {$ifdef DJGPP} - Width := 320; - Height := 240; - {$else} Width := (GWidth + 7) div 8 * 8; Height := GHeight; - {$endif} - if GrSetMode (GR_Width_Height_Graphics, Width, Height, 0, 0, 0) <> 1 then + if GrSetMode (GR_Width_Height_BPP_Graphics, Width, Height, 24, 0, 0) <> 1 then Error ('could not initialize graphics'); GraphicsActive := True end;